Sunday, May 31, 2015

In the beginnnig...

After taking Bumblestook out of street use to be a dedicated race car, I soon found myself yearning to be able to drive a S2000 on the street again. This time though I would leave it as close to stock as possible and where possible only have OEM Honda parts. I was specifically looking for another yellow, white or black AP2 V1 (2004-2005 S2000) that was in good mechanical condition but not a perfect. Not perfect was important because I wanted to be able to drive it and not feel like it should be kept in bubble wrap tucked away safely in a garage. After searching the forums, I eventually started considering silver cars too provided they had the two-tone black/red interior. This would allow me to stay under the radar but still have a touch of color. I found a 2005 Silverstone S2000 with a reasonable 55K miles on the clock in DC for a good price and on a surprisingly warm day in the middle of winter, I flew down to DC to pick her up and was able to even drive home with the top down most of the way.

Landing at Regan airport - 2/1/2014
Freshly purchased - Washington, DC - 2/1/2014
Freshly purchased - Washington, DC - 2/1/2014
She was mostly stock, just a K&N intake and upgraded head unit and speakers. There was a small tear on the soft top but was overall in good shape. She definitely needed some TLC though and I was prepared to do that. That was part of the fun! The previous owner was kind enough to let me drive her home with his plates/registration and after the incredible 5 hour drive back home, promptly shipped it back to him. I remembered right away how incredible S2000s feel on the road even in stock form. All my cars have names and I would eventually dub her "Lupa", latin for Wolf for her gray/silver color. It would be the start of new adventures.

Finally Home - 2/1/2014

No comments:

Post a Comment