Sunday, May 31, 2015

Taking care of little details

First order of business was to get her to breath right again. The K&N filter was looking a bit tired and dirty so I got a K&N recharge kit to freshen it up again. You spray the cleaner on the filter and wash it thoroughly then let it completely dry. Once dry, spray on a new layer of filter oil evenly on the entire filter. This also restores the dark red color the filter had when it was new.

Filter fresh again - 2/6/2014
Next up was to help me breath better. The air cabin filter is probably one the most forgotten about maintenance item. Not surprisingly, when I took the old filter out it looked like it had never been replaced. A fresh one was quickly put in.

Old filter (left) vs New filter (right ) - 2/7/2014
Next up was the much needed Modifry glove box organizer to make more effective use of the glove box along with a Modifry windscreen GoPro mount so I can take video of all the future adventures. After having a hardtop on Bumblestook for as long as I've had her, I decided this time around, I'd enjoy more top down adventures and Lupa would stay as a convertible only so the Top Always Down decal was an appropriate bit of windscreen decoration.

Modifry Glovebox organizer - 2/7/2014
Modifry Windscreen GoPro camera mount - 2/7/2014

No comments:

Post a Comment